Wednesday 1 June 2016

Platinum Project





Platinum Project
Before I started this project , my lecturer requested that I collect items that might inspire my platinum piece that I would work on. I decided to get out of my comfort zone and try to create something that is more organic , and being the person that I am who loves nature , the first thing that came to my mind was ‘trees’. I then decided that I would concentrate more on the leaves of the tree because I am amused by the veins that create an organic pattern on the leaves. For me the veins on leaves symbolise life because just like us human they also need veins to live. In this project I try to collaborate nature with jewellery by portraying the veins on the jewellery. I use the veins of the leaf to create a texture that , I had variety of ways to this but I had recently learnt the technique of fly pressing and I felt like it would give me the best impression of the texture that I was looking for. I also pierced out a portion of the jewellery to create an impression of a skeleton of a dry leaf. 



A leaf with its veins which is where my ispiration came from.

I experimented with Punching lines to create an impression of the veins , it was not successful.

veins pierced in brass.

A template i had pierced out to create my texture.
Basic design of what the earrings should look like.



Final piece.







No comments:

Post a Comment